- Age 17 plus at or near the date of entry
- Post G.C.E O/Level study
- Reasonable English language ability
International Foundation Diploma (Business)
The BMS International Foundation Diploma (Business) (IFD) is a programme assured by Pearson UK and recognized by Northumbria University UK. On successful completion of this foundation programme, students may enter the 1st Year of the Northumbria University Business Degree to be studied either in Sri Lanka or in the UK. The IFD programme consisting of 2 semesters, will strengthen the student's Academic, Communication and Business English skills while acquiring the knowledge related to key content in Business and Management, vital towards successfully pursuing further study in Business.
- Prepare students academically to enter to a UK university undergraduate degree.
- Acquire the necessary academic study skills for an undergraduate study .
- Develop an understanding of theories and practices in the chosen field of study .
- Develop confidence and fluency in the English language for academic purposes.
On successful completion of all the modules(120 credits), you will be awarded the International Foundation Diploma (Business). It provides a guaranteed pathway to Northumbria University Degree programmes.
|Economics for Business||20|
|Introduction to Accounting||20|
|Information Technology (IT)||10|
|Academic English & Study Skills||30|